Old 18-04-2008, 11:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Guy Gorton Guy Gorton is offline

Default Apr17-B - Zone Change-20081042.jpg

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:44:07 -0400, "Wolf K."
wrote:

John - Pa. wrote:
I know it is not PC, and that I'll probably get flamed for this, but
as a gardener, I can't bring myself to see limited Global Warming as a
100% Bad-Thing.

[...]

big snip

Yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice.

HTH

Thanks for that excellent exposition. Here in the UK our forecasters
are saying we are to have a "normal" English summer, that is to say,
unpredictable and mixed! That the climate has changed, warmed, is
undeniable even in my short (in climate change terms) life of about 80
years so far. At my boarding school in the 1940s it was utterly
inevitable that there would be lots of ice in January/February but
just how good it would be for skating depended on whether the River
Trent flooded before the freeze - if it, did, fields of level ice to
skate on! Now? A minor frost or two, although it has been colder
than usual in parts of the UK this winter.
Even in the south of England, every household had sledges for when the
snow came, but now the opportunity to use them rarely arises so they
no longer exist. Bad for sledge makers!
Time to stop this non-photographic chatter.

Guy Gorton