Old 18-04-2008, 11:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Food Riots

In article , Charlie wrote:

http://www.alternet.org/water/81301/

Listen up Canadians. We don't know how this happened, but our water is
on your land, and we want it back. Our advice is to grab your ankles and
brace yourselves.

The article also said Hoover (a.k.a. Boulder) Dam would be dry by 2021.
Boulder Dam's 2.1 Gigawatts provides the following percentages of
hydro-electric energy to the following communities.
Arizona 18.9527 percent
Nevada 23.3706 percent
Metropolitan Water Dist of Southern California 28.5393 percent
Burbank, CA 0.5876 percent
Glendale, CA 1.5874 percent
Pasadena, CA 1.3629 percent
Los Angeles, CA 15.4229 percent
Southern California Edison Co. 5.5377 percent

This is clean energy that will need to be replaced by . . . ?

We better get someone who can lead this country, and soon. Not just some
winner of a popularity contest.

I guess I'm just morbid but the movie "Perfect Storm" keeps coming to
mind.
--

Billy

The Murder of Rachel Corrie