Old 19-04-2008, 02:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Daniel Shryock Daniel Shryock is offline

Default Would like to plant a magnolia, but...

Hi, I would like to plant a magnolia tree in my front yard, but I know they
can get quite large after a while and my yard is up above street level with
a stone retaining wall that is about 3 feet high.

Should I worry about the roots eventually destroying the wall if I plant it
too close? Or are the roots non-destructive to walls/sidewalks, etc?