Old 19-04-2008, 01:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
shahwin shahwin is offline

Default Gardening under lights--lamp confusion

On Mar 18, 1:48*am, zxcvbob wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
I have used a combination of cool and warm fluorescent lamps in the
past, but now my local store only has the following (in the shape,
length I need):

Bright White *TL850
DayLight White TL865
Cool White *(3 kinds) *TL841, ADV841, TL741
Neutral White *TL735
DayLight Deluxe DX Alto

Since I can not find (size T8) Gro-Lux that fit in my fixtures, which
one of these is best for plants? * Would a combination of types be
better than any single type? *Does Color Temperature matter? CRI? *I
guess the last model "has reduced mercury content." *I could care less
about how the light "looks to the eye" but more importantly the
efficiency of the tube to making plants grow. * TIA

The TL735's are good. *Plants also seem to like 730's or 830's.

Bob- Hide quoted text -

I use ultra red in winter and ultra voilet in summer
used together at 0 watt it helps to safe guard pest attacks at night
Your views required
B. Shah