Old 20-04-2008, 04:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
eeyore eeyore is offline

Default My spike flowered!!

Thanks,

However now I'm confused. If I put it right up to my nose it has a
slight smell. Not obnoxious, but not necessarily pleasant. And weak at
that. Are these plants known to be more fragrant?

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Well, congratulations! Bet it smells great, too.

Diana

"eeyore" wrote in message
Can't summer on balcony, wind too much of a killer. Not sure what
changed. Only can guess that it waited a bit longer to spike until the
days got longer, or spring was a bit sunnier this year.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Eeyore,

Congratulations! Did you summer it outside? Is that what changed
between this year and last?

K Barrett
(More of a Poo, actually)
"eeyore" wrote in message
Folks may remember a while back that I posted about an Orchid of mine
that grew a very long spike that then died without any flowers last year.
It seemed to be doing the same thing this year. But lo and behold it
flowered this year. From my untrained eye it appears the person who
identified it as an Encyclia was spot on.

Attached is a photo by the proud Popa. With my shaky hands, small
camera, and small flowers, not the clearest shot, but gives you the idea.
Thanks to everyone for all your help.