Old 20-04-2008, 08:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Big, easy houseplants for bachelor idiot

wrote in message
Hi, I have a pothos as a houseplant, which I love, and I want to buy
some more house plants like it. So here's what I'm looking for:

1. Just green leaves, preferably not flower bearing. (Fruit bearing is
ok I guess.)
2. Durable- can withstand both cold and heat. I live in the northeast
USA.
3. Big. Like, I can buy big ones for cheap. How big- like 2 to 8 feet
tall.
4. My windows are north facing, get fairly good light in the summer
but not direct sunlight. Less light in the winter obviously.
5. (House plant, indoors, remember).

What are some more plants like that? Thanks,

dt

Aspidistra is as easy-care as they come. It does put out some blooms, but
it is grown almost exclusively a foliage plant. Some varieties of dracaena
would fit your requirements (especially the one sometimes called the "corn
plant"). Just don't overwater or overfertilize. Dieffenbachia is another
good choice.

MaryL