Old 21-04-2008, 04:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default do groundhogs eat compost

"Father Haskell" wrote in message
recommending indoor worm bins
so as not to attract vermin. You'll also end up with a
much higher quality compost in 1/4 of the time.

Worm bins rock!

Since moving to a 3rd floor home with now only a balcony garden, compost
bins aren't viable for me. I've had a worm bin under my kitchen sink for
several years and it works like a charm. It was easy and inexpensive to
make, doesn't smell, gives me great top dressing for my plants and 'worm
tea' to mix in the water for plant watering. The only problem I have, even
though my bin is relatively small, is keeping the wigglers fed. Thank
goodness the produce market saves a small stash of organic produce trimmings
for me to collect a few times a week.

Val