Old 21-04-2008, 04:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Joe[_12_] Joe[_12_] is offline

Default skimmer

W Dale wrote:

On Apr 17, 1:43 pm, Hal wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:47:38 EDT, "W Dale"
wrote:

W. Dale
http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Looking good!
--
Hal Middle Georgia, Zone 8http://tinyurl.com/2fxzcb

Thanks, Hal!
I will start removing sod for the expansion of the pond on 4/21/08. I
have read that if I am using bottom drains, given the size of my new
pond, I should use three (3) bottom drains. Any thoughts on that
anyone? I have ordered 2 - 3" bottom drains and I am planning to use
only one surface skimmer (with at 9" weir plumbed into the bottom
drain line). Anyone have any experience with needing more than one
skimmer on your pond? It will be an irregular shaped pond of 17' X
20'. Seems to me one skimmer should do the trick.
Thanks!
W. Dale

One skimmer should work, provided you don't have any stagnant areas. More is
always better, I guess, but where did you read you needed 3 bottom drains?

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.