Old 21-04-2008, 10:56 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
The Old OakTree The Old OakTree is offline

Default daffodill bulbs

I'm no gardener but have had the unfortunate task of tending
my
father's grave. I planted some daff bulbs last autumn and had
beautiful display but the flowers are now dying off. I shall
soon be
re-planting with summer plants. Should I save the daff bulbs
for next
year, or shoud they be discarded and buy new ones again in
the autumn?

If you don't dig them up, make sure to cut off the flower heads
once they start to wither. This encourages them to put their
strength into the bulb. If you leave the flowers they put their
strength into setting seed.