Old 21-04-2008, 03:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby[_2_] Stubby[_2_] is offline

Default Sears repair parts not available

In the good ol' days, Sears guaranteed repair parts would always be
available. I bought a lawn tractor, mowing deck and grass catcher and need
some parts. The part numbers are listed as "no longer available" and in
fact one number represents 4 different parts for a variety of appliances.

Because many things are wearing out, I'm thinking of buying a new tractor
and mowing deck. But I want a quality unit with repair parts available.
Maybe John Deere, Toro, Honda. Does anyone have a recomendation?

[I think it is sad that "American quality" has now been compromised.
Everything is turning into a commodity flow where things keep getting
replaced rather than repaired. TV sets are the best example. ]