Old 21-04-2008, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Large Pot

In article
,
Billy wrote:

I have a ceramic pot that looks to be about ten gallons in size and it
doesn't have a drain hole at the bottom. I was thinking of placing rocks
and sand at the bottom for a base and setting a five gallon plastic pot
on top of that and then filling in the rest with potting mix. I was also
considering drilling a hole in the bottom of the pot myself. I presume
that's possible. Has anyone else confronted this type of problem and
have advice to give?

Assuming ceramic is ceramic. Get a ceramic drill bit.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...s&field-keywor
ds=ceramic+drill+bit&x=14&y=2 I've got a 1/4 inch bit.

Tape the area to be drilled with paper masking tape this prevent
skipping about. Drill a few holes for drainage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NY0-gQ6R-aA

Good luck!

Bill

ps Try it on a junk piece if possible.