Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Karen

Default Tomato cages

(Joe Doe) wrote in
:
An indeterminate tomato can get quite tall.

Yep--these were indeterminate.

Why, except for canning, do people buy determinate tomatoes? (This
is a general question, not just for you.) I've been wondering this.

I really overdid it on tomatoes last year; this year I'm cutting
back and growing other vegetables. And fruit! I have strawberries
already.

I borrowed a book
called how to grow World Record Tomatoes by Charles Wilber from
the Austin Public Library for giggles (my goal is to merely keep
my plants alive).

The APL has a good selection of gardening books; I've been
impressed. Keeping your plants alive is a worthy goal.

Karen