Old 21-04-2008, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
R M. Watkin R M. Watkin is offline

Default Which vegetables can be planted this month?

Hi All,
"Freedom_Spark" wrote in message

Great tips everyone! Whether or not I can put them into practice remains
to be seen. So I'm going to end up with crooked carrots then :-D as long
as they're edible thats all that matters.

Are corgettes difficult to grow? My friend mentioned seeing some plants
for sale, I didn't really want to cheat but I would really like them to
work out!

I've now planted my onions (red barons) Some radishes, garlic & beets
*fingers crossed* some of them will work out!

I've also planted a tray full of cherry tomato seeds, they're on a
window sill & they're getting some doses of artificial light.

I saw something on 'gardeners world' which said that a small layer of
cling film over the tomatoes until the seedlings appear is a good idea,
any thoughts?

A sheet of glass, or ridgid plastic wiil do the same job. I have sheets of
plastic cut to fit over seed trays which I use year on year. Hope this helps
you.

Richard M. Watkin.

--
Freedom_Spark