Old 21-04-2008, 11:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Sears repair parts not available

"Art" wrote in message
Stubby wrote:
In the good ol' days, Sears guaranteed repair parts would always be
available. I bought a lawn tractor, mowing deck and grass catcher and
need
some parts. The part numbers are listed as "no longer available" and in
fact one number represents 4 different parts for a variety of appliances.

Because many things are wearing out, I'm thinking of buying a new tractor
and mowing deck. But I want a quality unit with repair parts available.
Maybe John Deere, Toro, Honda. Does anyone have a recomendation?

[I think it is sad that "American quality" has now been compromised.
Everything is turning into a commodity flow where things keep getting
replaced rather than repaired. TV sets are the best example. ]

All three of those brands (even their "economy" models) are going to be
light years ahead of anything Sears has. When you're looking at those
brands the price and quality are fairly representative of each other. In
other words get the most you can afford and you'll likely be getting the
best quality you can afford.

I think Toro is now in MTD's stable - but I've had good luck getting parts
for old machines from MTD.