Old 21-04-2008, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default My lawn is rubbish... Can anyone tell me why?

"Hairball" wrote in message

Mary Fisher;785775 Wrote:
"Hairball" wrote in message
...-

Hi, Everyone

I would be most grateful if any of you can offer me some advice. I
have
a small lawn in SE London that is being a real pain.-

Do you really want a lawn?

Mary

LOL..

That's a good point and sometimes I don't think I do, but it's so nice
to sit/lay on when the weather is nice.

Not if it has builder's rubble underneath.

Then there are the ants ... and various other insects which live in grass.

We got rid of all our 'lawns'. You water and feed them to make them grow and
then cut down the growth .... only to provide a habitat for stinging and
biting Things :-(

We planted vegetables and eat and relax on the hard standing, in safety. Any
blade of grass which shoves through the Earth lasts hardly any time once the
hens find it :-)

Mary

--
Hairball