Old 21-04-2008, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default daffodill bulbs

On Apr 20, 7:09�pm, wrote:
I'm no gardener but have had the unfortunate task of tending my
father's grave. I planted some daff bulbs last autumn and had a
beautiful display but the flowers are now dying off. I shall soon be
re-planting with summer plants. Should I save the daff bulbs for next
year, or shoud they be discarded and buy new ones again in the autumn?

Daffodils are very hardy and resiliant... unless you're going to enter
a daff contest for best of show there's no need to do anything and
they will continue to thrive and produce more and more year after
year... even if you mow them before the flowers fade once established
they will do just fine. You need to concern yourself more with
critters ravaging daffs, deer and rabbits won't eat them but squirrels
and chipmonks love them... still most will live on.