Old 22-04-2008, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default do groundhogs eat compost

"Father Haskell" wrote in message
Exactly. Activation takes that 1/4 cup and increases its
potency

Don't you say that you have not been proven this as yet, so which is it? Not
that I care, I figure what I'm doing works very well, I have no need to dick
around with a mess of 'experiments'.

giving you many cups' worth of plant food for not
much more work.

I don't need "many" cups worth. I use exactly the amount I have, no fuss-no
muss. I drain the tray into the watering can, fill with water and go pour
it on my plants. Been doing this very successfully for years. I don't want
'not much more work'. What I am doing now works exceptionally well.

From 1/2 cup of leachate, I can produce
1/2 gallon of activated tea, which can be further diluted and
used to innoculate about 50 x 100 ft of lawn. Not sure if it
actually does any good (I'll know soon), but it seems like a
waste to pour 3/4 of it down the toilet.

I've gone back and read all my posts in this thread and see nothing said of
anything I poured down a toilet.

It's fun to concoct the "brew" if nothing else.

This is your opinion, not mine.

You either have a small bin or many plants.

Yes and yes, all in the best of health.

Val