Old 22-04-2008, 05:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default do groundhogs eat compost

On Apr 21, 10:03 pm, "Val" wrote:
"Father Haskell" wrote in message

Exactly. Activation takes that 1/4 cup and increases its
potency

Don't you say that you have not been proven this as yet, so which is it? Not
that I care, I figure what I'm doing works very well, I have no need to dick
around with a mess of 'experiments'.

giving you many cups' worth of plant food for not
much more work.

I don't need "many" cups worth. I use exactly the amount I have, no fuss-no
muss. I drain the tray into the watering can, fill with water and go pour
it on my plants. Been doing this very successfully for years. I don't want
'not much more work'. What I am doing now works exceptionally well.

From 1/2 cup of leachate, I can produce

1/2 gallon of activated tea, which can be further diluted and
used to innoculate about 50 x 100 ft of lawn. Not sure if it
actually does any good (I'll know soon), but it seems like a
waste to pour 3/4 of it down the toilet.

I've gone back and read all my posts in this thread and see nothing said of
anything I poured down a toilet.

Your bins aren't producing it twice as fast as you can use it.

It's fun to concoct the "brew" if nothing else.

This is your opinion, not mine.

We do this for different reasons. Tinkering is a big part
of it for me, puts me in touch with life at a more intimate
level.

You either have a small bin or many plants.

Yes and yes, all in the best of health.

Likewise.