Old 22-04-2008, 06:40 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default alternative veggie filter plants

I know Louisiana iris works fine in a veggie filter or bog. How about Siberian iris?
the plants that stayed in the veggie filter over winter are doing great, so now I am
thinking about different kinds of plants that would be more sculptural. Also, I have
ordered cinnamon and royal fern which like bogs too.

any other unusual plants do well with just the bottom of their pot in the water?
Ingrid