Old 22-04-2008, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Large Pot

In article
,
Sheldon wrote:

Billy wrote:

I have a ceramic pot that looks to be about ten gallons in size and it
doesn't have a drain hole at the bottom.

Do not attempt to do this job with a large masonary drill, almost
guaranteed to FIU.

Search tungston carbide grit hole saw.

http://www.holesaws.com.cn/products/...aw/gritsaw.htm

http://www.mytoolstore.com/mkmorse/tcg.html

With pottery use the small pilot hole to cut from both sides.

Hmmm...
Do not attempt to do this job with a large masonary drill, almost
guaranteed to FIU.

With pottery use the small pilot hole to cut from both sides.

I agree.

You could use rotary dremel drill.
This tool is a favorite of mine. Good for many things.
I never tried ceramic, they have drill bits for ceramic tiles.
All can be found at most hardware stores.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Projects...ages/detail.as
px?pcpid=4

read this before project.

http://www.potters.org/subject47614.htm

Good with your project ... Dan

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.