Old 22-04-2008, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Large Pot

In article
,
Sheldon wrote:

On Apr 22, 11:07?am, "Dan L." wrote:
In article
,

?Sheldon wrote:
Billy wrote:

I have a ceramic pot that looks to be about ten gallons in size and it
doesn't have a drain hole at the bottom.

Do not attempt to do this job with a large masonary drill, almost
guaranteed to FIU.

Search tungston carbide grit hole saw.

http://www.holesaws.com.cn/products/...aw/gritsaw.htm

http://www.mytoolstore.com/mkmorse/tcg.html

With pottery use the small pilot hole to cut from both sides.

Hmmm...

Do not attempt to do this job with a large masonary drill, almost
guaranteed to FIU.
With pottery use the small pilot hole to cut from both sides.

I agree.

You could use rotary dremel drill.

What is it... aren't all drills rotary by default? Your link below
doesn't work, even when I search at the dremel.com web site no rotary
drill comes up.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Projects...ts/Pages/detai...
px?pcpid=4

Sheldon. There is a device called a star drill. Uses a hammer or a
sledge hammer. I used one to punch holes in my basement floor. Also
does concrete blocks.
Not applicable for Billy's job for sure.

Bill

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA