Old 22-04-2008, 07:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Does sod "wear out"?

Hello:
When I moved into my house about 20 years, I had it sodded. Over
the last 4 or 5 years, I have noticed that it was getting thinner and
thinner, now there are some fairly large areas that are bald spots. At
first it was sorta like guy going bald, where you could tell it was
thinner, but no obvious bald spots. Now it has continued on.
I have it fertilized, I sprinkle when needed, I don't see any
correlation between the thinning spots and shade (we back up to a farm
field and share the tree line), I have had it aereated and over seeded
twice during the time it has been getting worse.
Any suggestions? Questions?