Old 22-04-2008, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PK[_2_] PK[_2_] is offline

Default Bamboo

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Jan" wrote ...
I want to grow a bamboo hedge in front of a fence for privacy to about 12
foot high, evergreen and not invasive.
What would you recommend?

Choosing something other than Bamboo! They are all invasive given the
right conditions, it's only a few years since a lot of peoples so called
"clump forming bamboo" went berserk. Happened to a neighbour (and his
neighbour...) :-(

Blame global warming - a number of UK "clump formers" are notorious
"invasive runners" in the southern USA as I and others discovered in our
very hot summer a few years ago!

pk