Old 22-04-2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default Frogs

Pond Addict wrote:

By the way, I took our cockapoo out frog-spotting the other night and
a frog got the better of her.

She was leaning over the bank sniffing at this one big frog to see if
it was really a frog or just a rock, and the frog jumped in her face.
She was so startled that she reared back on her hind legs with her
front paws flailing in the air as the frog bounced off her head and
she fell over sideways into the pond. Really one of those, "I wish I
had a video camera" moments. : )

I remember a similar incident with my Schnauzer - a dog so fearless she got
killed when she refused to back down from a much larger dog. In her case,
she didn't fall into the pond, so I didn't miss having a camera :-)
--
derek