Old 22-04-2008, 10:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Help! What Tree is it?

bexman wrote:
Hi All, i'm new to this but really need some help with identifying a
Tree in my neighbourhood.

Im no gardener so please accept my apologies for the poor description
or lack of knowledge.

In our neighbourhood somebody has got a very unusual tree, I can only
describe it as like a Fir tree with a very defined shape but with no
foliage, in fact its completely green and the branches resemble green
pipe cleaners with no leaves or anything.

Can anyone help? We reallly would like one of these but have no idea
whats it called!

Thanks in advance

Viewed from a distance a "monkey puzzle tree" might fit your description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Araucaria_araucana

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]