Old 22-04-2008, 10:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default what type of natural vines to cover fence?

Yes. They'll grow rapidly and flower. They are an annual though and will die
off each year.

"Daniel Shryock" wrote in message
I'm planning the same thing, but just kind of decided on morning glories.
From what I've seen of them, it seems like they will do a decent job.
Yeah?

On 4/21/08 7:49 PM, in article
, "JB"
wrote:

English Ivy will thrive like bamboo.

"thehip" wrote in message
I have a 5 foot high chain link fence that I would like to plant some
kind
of ivy or something that will grow up the fence and give me some
privacy,
I would like it to stay green for as long as possible into the colder
months.
I live in the north east and I am not sure what to plant if anything.
Maybe something
that also will flower? Thank you for any info.