Old 23-04-2008, 01:10 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

I got it in. It looks really bad. That eye is glazed over again.

I checked under the microscope for bad things, and didn't see any with
slides made from the wound area, as well as normal swipes.

I gave it a salt dip but had to pull it out at 4 minutes. It was on
its side and shocky with its mouth stuck open. I put it in the
aquarium and after maybe 5 or 10 minutes it came around. It's now
swimming, but clearly annoyed at being confined.

Man, that wound is a bloody-looking mess.

http://homepage.mac.com/pondstuff/PhotoAlbum1.html
See the 4/22/08 image.

I put a large one up there since I finally got a good view of things.
The other side of the fish looks good.

Dave