Old 23-04-2008, 03:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Which vegetables can be planted this month?

Freedom_Spark wrote in
:

Also, I know I'm being wildly optimistic at this stage but what size
would tomato plants need to reach before being planted out or in a
growbag green house? Would they go from the tray, to larger pots before
the growbag? What height/ stage should they be at? Also same question
regarding the cucumber & corgettes if I'm in any way successful with
them?

Thanks again everyone, sorry for the endless questions :S

When they have a couple true leaves (the initial leaves on most plants
are round, true leaves develop next), it would probably be a good time to
transplant them. Tomatoes can be planted deep, go up to the true leaves
if you can.

Now's a good time to make sure you have tomato cages, or a plan to stake
them. Stores will sell out about the time you need them and won't order
more to avoid being stuck with them over the winter. (At least in my
area in the Midwest US.)

Puckdropper