Old 23-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Fugly Jowls Fugly Jowls is offline
Registered User

Default Groundcover under hedges?

Hi there - another question for you guys. We have a beech hedge surrounding our garden which is lovely (now that we've pruned it back into shape) but the problem with it is that we get lots of bindweed and other irritating weeds underneath it. We have tried weedkilling underneath it but it is difficult to get to all the places so we have to use a spray on weedkiller (you can't hand pull them because of the hedge thickness).

Can anyone recommend a groundcover plant which would spread underneath the hedge and keep the weeds at bay? Preferably something quick spreading.

Thanks