Old 23-04-2008, 11:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Which vegetables can be planted this month?

Freedom_Spark said:

Also, I know I'm being wildly optimistic at this stage but what size
would tomato plants need to reach before being planted out or in a
growbag green house? Would they go from the tray, to larger pots before
the growbag? What height/ stage should they be at? Also same question
regarding the cucumber & corgettes if I'm in any way successful with
them?

Thanks again everyone, sorry for the endless questions :S

When the roots start poking out of the starter pots (they should have
a few leaves beyond the first 'seed leaves' by then), I'd pot them up
in a larger size pot. Then after they put on some more growth,
slowly start getting them accustomed to their eventual outside
conditions. (This could take a few days.) After that, in the ground
or growbag. Should probably have roots growing all over the
in-between pot by then, too.

(I think all the seeds that are going to sprout from my April 12
planting have done so. Except for one heirloom tomato variety,
the germination has been very good. Lucky thing for me I decided
right at planting time to increase the number of starts for that one.
Two of four haven't shown at all, and only one of the remaining two
is actually a viable seedling.)

After enlightenment, the laundry.