Old 23-04-2008, 09:27 PM
KarinB KarinB is offline
Registered User

Thanks to everyone who has replied and sorry for this delay in returning.

We cannot do anything to strengthen the fence. It is a very long fence and is battered by the westerly winds. There are only so many times we are prepared to keep repairing it and last year we had had enough and cut a foot off the top of it. All the other gardens have low fences and so don't stop the winds coming down towards our fence and our fence used to take a real hammering.

I would prefer something which could be on the fence all year long, not necessarily flowering but giving us some privacy would be nice. Flowering in the summer would be a bonus.

The weight is not a problem as we now have three fence panels which we can remove when the winds are high to allow the wind to pass through rather than knocking our fence down.

I am not into gardening in anyway shape or form and so a lot of what some replies have been on about have totally gone over my head (with all due respect).

I live in UK - if that helps.