Old 24-04-2008, 12:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
JD[_5_] JD[_5_] is offline

Default What are the bare spots in my lawn?

I live in Cincinnati Ohio, and my backyard, in the sunny portion
of it, has bare spots that have been gradually growing over the last
years. One of them is about 10 by 20 feet. Areas away from the spots
are growing well. I suspect that some sort of insects are
contributing to the spots because they seem to get bigger every year.
In particular the spots are mostly bare with small clumps of grass
interspersed in between the bare ground. Can someone tell me what I
have and how to fix it. Thanks,

JD