Old 24-04-2008, 02:25 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:47:15 EDT, Pond Addict
wrote:

Are the blood streaks I'm noticing in the fins and tail most likely
caused by septicemia or some other bacterial infection?

Imo, it is just stress from the Tricide-Neo. I've seen fish bleed from the
gills due to the stress. I wouldn't do anything more than you have since
you scraped & scoped the fish and didn't see anything on the slide.

The main thing is watch the water quality in the sick tank. What I'm
reading so far is it sounds like the fish is responding well to the Tricide
Neo. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us