Old 24-04-2008, 06:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

Yes, I believe it's responding very well. The second Tricide-Neo dip
went as smoothly as the first. Oddly, the tail blood doesn't look as
bad after the second dip. Maybe that's my imagination, but that's how
it appears right now. Stress as a cause would definitely make sense,
so I'll hope for that and keep an eye on it just in case. I'll post
some new pictures in the morning. The wound area is doing much better.

I did another partial water change tonight because the water was still
cloudy (I'm thinking either the food yesterday or blood from the
fish), and then I bumped the salt back up to .3%. It's staying clear
now. I'm keeping a close eye on the water quality (running tests and
such) since the fish is huge for this tank. I've also got lots of air
going in and I'm keeping the solids out. Not an optimal sick tank, but
the fish has adapted to it and I believe I'm on top of it.

I'd switch to the tub to tub method, but I think I'm able to maintain
the water quality and the fish seems relaxed where it is. It likes to
look around at everything, which it couldn't do in a tub. Plus, it's
easier for me to keep an eye on behind glass. Since I'm not running
into problems, I think I'll just leave it like it is for now. I'll
definitely keep that in mind for the future, though. Thanks.

Dave