Old 24-04-2008, 06:23 PM
scott&kerry scott&kerry is offline
Registered User

Default can i lay turf topsoil on sharp sand

I wonder if someone could give me some advice please? I bought a home recently and it had the whole front garden slabbed which i promptly dug up. I laid a nice new path and i want to lay turf at either end of this path. I have got a deep base of sharp sand that the old slabs were on and i was wondering if i can put topsoil and turf on top of this. I have been told the sharp sand will provide good drainage but i am not so sure and dont want to lay my new garden on this if i am going to have to tear it up later. If this is a good base how much topsoil should i use under the turf?