Old 24-04-2008, 07:42 PM
suemack suemack is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
I planted a screen of 25 Fargesia nitida two years ago. They flowered last autumn and now look as though they're dead. The supplier doesn't appear to be interested in replacing them and has suggested that they may improve when the weather warms up. I appreciate comments please. Thanks.
I'm not sure if i am right in saying this but i had the same problem with this variety so spoke to the garden centre where i bought it. They kindly refunded my money and said they were not selling any more bamboos as there was a problem with cloning and although you think you are buying a young plant in reality you could be getting a geriatric! They also said once they have flowered they die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!