Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Karen

Default Vine to cover foundation

"CP" wrote in
:
We have about 14 ft of foundation in our house and would like to
cover it with some type of an 'evergreen' Vine.

Why do you want to cover it with a vine?

I admit that I have some pretty strong feelings about vines. I just
helped a friend remove some Asian Jasmine from his house and garage
and saw firsthand how it ate holes in the wood and brick. Also, I
went to a college that had to constantly fight English Ivy while
still keeping enough around to still look Ivy League... There's no
way that I would put a vine next to my house. However, I think some
vines that can go on trellises look great, like potato vine.

Karen