Old 24-04-2008, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Advice on Ivy please

On 24/4/08 20:45, in article 2008042420452916807-adm1@fastmailfm, "adm"

On 2008-04-24 19:30:49 +0100, "Mary Fisher" said:

snip

Some ivies, particularly the common green one, are fast growing but not all
are. I think you'll enjoy your plants and learning about their different
properties - let us know!

Mary

Will do. Might take a while though!

Thanks for all the advice.

Actually, quite a few ivies seem to take a while to get going and climbing.
We planted a Paddy's Pride to go up one wall of the house and it must have
been a good two years before it started to climb and cling.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk