Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Ethelred the Unready

Default Vine to cover foundation

Aler,

You can stain concrete with special stains. You might be able to match
your brick. Or you could do a very subtle pattern. One resturant in town
has a harliquine pattern (alternating diamonds) in stained and not stained
concrete.

You could also put stucco on the concrete. Or apply a layer of small
gravel and concrete and then sand blast it to expose the gravel.

If you want plants, is there room to set a row of nandina about 5 feet
away from the foundation? If you put weed blocking fabric with gravel over
it between the nandina and the foundation, then you can create a low
maintenance zone hostile to other plants and small creatures.

Good luck!

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:36:55 +0000, CP wrote:

I appreciate your feedback. So, is there any other alternative? When we go
into our backyard, the 14 ft of solid foundation (it is huge) looks
unsightly. A couple of landscaping experts suggested covering it up with
vine/ivy to make it look natural. That is where we got the idea from. We
have the brick above the foundation (No wooden siding). Can you pass on some
suggestions, as I am seriously re-thinking the idea of planting a vine...

Thanks once again.

-Aler