Old 25-04-2008, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Sierra Nevada flower

In article ,
Des Higgins writes:

| Like a small gorse, except blue. No seeds at this time of year,
| unfortunately :-(
|
| But what is it? It looked an excellent plant for a dry, sunny
| bank? Obviously cold-hardy, deer resistant, yada yada ....
|
| There was a guy who put photos of a blue flowered broom up here a few
| years ago; Iberian broom with blue flowers and low mound habit.
| Hedgehog broom or something like that was the verdict (I just searched
| the newsgroup; Dave Poole identified it as Erinacea).
| http://www.azenhadoramalho.com/plantid.htm

Thanks very much! Mine didn't have quite the same growth pattern,
and wasn't quite such a good colour, but the difference is well within
what one would expect for different locations. Yes, it is that; see:

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/po...nthyllis_1.php

The colour I saw was closer to the link you posted, though less bright.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.