Old 26-04-2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Paphs/Repot

Remember that we grow outside, so it depends on the weather. It's been dry,
so a couple of times a week lately. I don't ever over water. If anything,
I'm stingy that way. But I'm wondering if these guys need a serious bath to
get them going again. They weren't dried out when I repotted, and the CHC
wicks up water quite well. Still....

Diana

wrote in message
How often are you watering? I'm also interested in the responses, as
I have a paph that needs to be repotted...

--j_a

Diana Kulaga wrote:
All,

I don't have many Paphs - a half dozen or so. But I'd like to do more.
Recently we repotted all of them. The root systems looked great (Oh happy
day!). I put them in CHC/charcoal/small Aliflor/sponge rock and top
dressed
with some crushed oyster shell.

Some are okay. Not fantastic, but okay. Others simply look like they're
fainting all over the place, limp as soft butter. Prior to repotting,
they
all looked good.

Any thoughts?

Diana