Old 26-04-2008, 04:57 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Cleaned out the Filter Falls Yesterday

Matala pads?! Thanks. I've not heard of these but I will check them out. I'd
intended to ask the group for suggestion on other options and here you are.

JB

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:26:44 EDT, Pond Addict

wrote:

I have to say, I absolutely hate cleaning my waterfall filter media,
which is why it gets done less than it should. It originally had 3 2"
pads and 6 heavy net bags of rocks, and I've since gone to 1 pad,
throwaway net bags of barley straw, and 6 heavy net bags of rocks.
Even that's a hassle though. The mats are just a pain to clean when
they're that size and all those rocks are... well, heavy.

I keep wishing I could convert the bucket into some kind of veggie
filter, but I think the flow rate is too high since it's the output of
3 pumps.

You two need to look into matala pads. Durable, reusable and clean to new.
Granted expensive, but it is probably a one time expense. Better than
hurting your back and seeing the doctor, chiropractor or, in my case, the
acupuncturist. ~ jan :-)
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us