Old 26-04-2008, 12:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Mosquito Repellent

In article ,
"Gary Brown" wrote:

Hi,

I saw a AgraCo Mosquito Patch in the store today.
Has anyone tried them? I am bug fodder when
outside which curtails any but minimal gardening.

Anything else to try that I needed coat myself with?

Thanks,
Gary

Deep Woods Off. But try to minimize spraying it on your skin.

Don't wear blue shirts.

Take Vitamin B-complex.

Eat garlic.

If you're really sensitive, get one of those new-fangled
Mosquito trap things that use propane to generate CO2.
The mossies are attracted by you breathing. Those trap things
work. A neighbor of ours lives in a swamp and her yard is
mossie-free during the summer. We're in Alaska.

Any of the repellents with a high DEET content will work,
but that stuff will probably kill you in the long run.
But death in the future is always better than death from
blood loss today.

Here's a pretty good website:

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/PUBS/INSECT/05526.html

Jan