Old 26-04-2008, 07:23 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:57:31 EDT, Pond Addict
wrote:

More info on that eye. It sticks way out compared to the other one.
I'd kind of noticed that with the "bad spot" I was seeing, but now
looking at the fish head on it's very clear that one eye sticks way
out compare to the other. I'd say an 1/8" more at least. I'll get an
image posted later.

I also just noticed that the top fin has a small (1/8" ?) tear about
1" back from where the fin starts. It's on the outer edge of the fin,
so the outer edge of the fin is not connected at that point. I'm
concerned that it might tear more. Is there anything to do about that?
Some way to bind it back together or something?

Thanks,

Dave

Let me know when picture is up regarding the eye. As far as the fins, I
wouldn't worry about it. I think it is time for the fish to heal-thy-self.
You've done all that can be done, imo. I think the fish needs to rest.

Ingrid mentioned putting cream on the missing scales areas, but I don't
think that is necessary with the tricide-neo dips. Also, one of the
mistakes people make is cleaning a wound more than once. Ideally clean it
good the first time, treat and leave it alone, as continued cleaning or
doctoring can remove the tender scab cells of healing. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us