Old 26-04-2008, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
bungadora bungadora is offline

Default Plants die off each year

On Apr 26, 7:46*am, "Eric" wrote:
I have a large perennial garden here in zone 5. *I am losing many plants per
year over the winter and all varieties are well suited to zone 5. *Most of
the divisions I made from larger plants were lost over the winter and these
were large healthy growing plants. *This past winter, the winter was mild
here in southern New York and I still lost a lot of plants. *Any ideas?

Do you fertilize right up to the bitter end? You shouldn't. Stop in
early August.
Are your plants suited to your growing zone? If they're high zone,
mulch them.
Are they watered well before winter? Dessication is a major cause of
die off.
Dora