Old 26-04-2008, 04:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default URGENT - Another sick fish

The latest pictures are up.

http://homepage.mac.com/pondstuff/PhotoAlbum1.html
See the 4/26 images.

The white "healing areas" on the fish are very noticable now.

I was so disappointed with with the new problems last night that I
waited until this morning to take pictures. The eye changed overnight,
so that worked out. Most of the blood has now cleared and what I'm
seeing is almost like a callous of skin covering the eye that's
beginning to come off. I'd noticed the cover before but thought it was
just a cloudy eye covering, even though it "pooched" out a bit. Now I
think it's more like what I just described--maybe some protective
build-up after initial trauma to the eye or something.

There's a picture of the fin tear, which looks really minor but it's a
pretty high stress part of the fin which is why I was initially
concerned. I think you're right about letting the fish relax. The more
handling, as careful as I'm trying to be, the more likely something
else will get damaged. Plus, the extra stress does neither of us any
good.

I do have Bio-bandage gel and Malachite Green now. Given that things
are healing well, I'm not planning on using those. I do wonder if
there's something I should put on that eye area or if I should just
let things run their course.

Thanks,

Dave