Old 27-04-2008, 07:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Gardening and Health

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:39:56 -0700, Billy wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:49:19 -0400, Bill wrote:

It seems as I age the topic of health keeps intruding on my
consciousness. Here are two sites that touch on this issue.

Bill who knows what Melanoma and CAD is and has a spouse due for knee
replacement in two 9 weeks. Who will really do the gardening then )

http://www.canadianliving.com/health...health_10_thin
gs_to_do_in_april.php

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cOkWG85ReT4

The latter a bit long but informative.

I hope you are not telling us something when you mention melanoma,
Bill. I know you have had the other procedure done.

Funny thing, there is a balance between vit D production, produced by
exposure to sunlight, and it's effects against cancer, and too much sun
that can cause cancer. Sigh.......

Thanks for the links. I do hope the knee replacement for your honey
goes well. Please let us know how it turns out, both in the short and
long term.

Charlie, who has been recommended to have replacement on account of
stupid competetive sports many decades ago, Still chooglin' and
avoidin' the procedure.

Gardening is the last refuge of geezers? As far as it goes, it ain't
that bad.

It's a hell of a lot better than most of the other stuff with which I
labored thru my life. Honest sweat in the garden.

Charlie, switched over to Springsteen in concert on the youtube...Bruce
and the Session's Band doin' Jacob's Ladder and We Shall Overcome
.....singin' to the choir friend, singin' to the choir...Pete is up
next.......maybe some Joan after that.......building up steam for the
week to come! Where did they all go? ;-)

Just like the morning sunlight shining in the dew.

Gute nacht und schlaft gut.

C'est a dire dit le baline.
--

Billy