Old 27-04-2008, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey bobharvey is offline

Default Special Lawnmover Oil a Con?

On 26 Apr, 11:39, zzapper wrote:

My new mower has a hook on the handle for the Starter Cord but I
cannot for the life of me see why, can anyone explain?

I think the idea is that you don't have to bend so far to pull-start
it. This is particularly useful if it is one of those that stops when
you let go of the safety handle. The cord is made a bit longer, so
you have not lost any revolutions per pull. I suspect the whole
thing is supposed to avoid back injuries - or at least to be seen
doing something to avoid back injuries if it comes to litigation.