Old 27-04-2008, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Sprinkler time again

In article , Newbie
wrote:

It was some winter in Midwest, but we can begin to think of sprinklers
again!

As an excited newbie, I'd like some help selecting the best sprinklers
for my tasks:

(1) I have two small gardens in the front: each about 20x20. This is
not lawn, but various plants. What would be a good tyoe of sprinker for
this situation? Water should come down gently, evenly all over, and
high enough to clear small plants and shrubs.

(2) In the back I have a 60x40 yard with a diagonal path in the middle,
splitting the yard in two triangles. This is all lawn. I'd like to
avoid the path as much as possible.

I would greatly appreciate advice on types as well as brands.

My local gardening store, which seems fancy by Home Depot or Sears
standards, carries gardena and Dramm(?). But I can mail-order if
something else would be more suitable.

Thank you very much.

Drip irrigation and mulch. Sprinklers are inefficient and wasteful.
Watering leaves and flowers can encourage mildew and reduce harvest of
fruits.
--

Billy
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0s...eature=related