Old 27-04-2008, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default plastic perched over window box

johngood_____ wrote:
"Pete C" wrote in message
johngood_____ wrote:
I want to propogate some 'Photinia fraseri' (red robin) and it says
that i need a cold frame.

I don't have room for one, but I have a window box with one of those
water reservoirs underneath which I have found very good for
propogating some cuttings before.

My question is; Is there any neat trick for getting some plastic
sheeting to sit over the window box please, to to create my own mini
cold frame?
Also should I make holes in the plastic for ventilation or not? Thanks
for advice.

What size is the box?
Pete C

Thanks, the size is 50cm long, 21 cm wide and 16 cm high. (my tape
measure doesnt have inches on it).

I'm thinking some kind of flexible plastic sheeting. ie: A4 size folders
from a stationers. Slit them open to a flat sheet, Tape/glue one edge to the
long side of box, and then form a tunnel shape and pin to opposite edge. End
peices can be cut to shape and sunk into the soil. Pinned side is for
access. Basic idea...............see if you can play with it
--
Pete C
London UK